The Past and 2nd chances
I'm sure everyone had their moments of being rash and irrational. Things that we have done before and come to regret today. I've had my moments.
But I've realised, even though I've walked out of it, even though I've changed, it just still feels the same. It's not about how far you've grown up to be, it's not about how much a better man you are now, it's all about people giving you a 2nd chance. People believing that you're not who you are anymore.
But life shits around with you, and there're no such 2nd chance. People seems to always judge you for your mistakes, always thinking, "Oh no you're still that same bad boy......"
Why doesn't anybody look at the present anymore? And look at the things he is doing, trying, and making the effort to be that better person, to NOT be that person he was back then....to try and walk away from the past.
Why is it that everyone have to chain up our legs to our past? Why is it that we have to always be reminded of our past when we are trying to forget it?
Why can't just somebody look at us for what we are today?! How much we've grown from before...and stop judging us. And see the efforts we're putting in.
Now that you've known everything, will you please look at me for who I am today? And not judge me? I really don't wish to be mentioned with my past...I wanna be beyond that, so will you?
For the past couple of weeks, I'm really thankful for having to spend the time that I could with you. Putting my best effort in every way that I can to make you happy....so here I say, thank you. Thank you for letting me be who I really am, letting me show you I'm not who I was before. With all that similarities that we have, I'll never forget these moments that we've shared......and I'm grateful to have known you.
There's just so much more that I wanna say to you, or even sing to you...but I just lack the courage to. If it makes you happier this way and smile again, then so be it. Because truly, I just wanna see you happy...
But I've realised, even though I've walked out of it, even though I've changed, it just still feels the same. It's not about how far you've grown up to be, it's not about how much a better man you are now, it's all about people giving you a 2nd chance. People believing that you're not who you are anymore.
But life shits around with you, and there're no such 2nd chance. People seems to always judge you for your mistakes, always thinking, "Oh no you're still that same bad boy......"
Why doesn't anybody look at the present anymore? And look at the things he is doing, trying, and making the effort to be that better person, to NOT be that person he was back then....to try and walk away from the past.
Why is it that everyone have to chain up our legs to our past? Why is it that we have to always be reminded of our past when we are trying to forget it?
Why can't just somebody look at us for what we are today?! How much we've grown from before...and stop judging us. And see the efforts we're putting in.
Now that you've known everything, will you please look at me for who I am today? And not judge me? I really don't wish to be mentioned with my past...I wanna be beyond that, so will you?
For the past couple of weeks, I'm really thankful for having to spend the time that I could with you. Putting my best effort in every way that I can to make you happy....so here I say, thank you. Thank you for letting me be who I really am, letting me show you I'm not who I was before. With all that similarities that we have, I'll never forget these moments that we've shared......and I'm grateful to have known you.
There's just so much more that I wanna say to you, or even sing to you...but I just lack the courage to. If it makes you happier this way and smile again, then so be it. Because truly, I just wanna see you happy...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home